Dietary supplements are essential for your family to maintain a healthy lifestyle. With nutrients getting depleted from our food tables, it is only logical to choose natural sources that pack the punch of many vitamins and minerals at once.
Flaxseed is one of such superfoods often suggested to be taken in the breakfast to boost metabolism and support health. However, over the last few years, scientists have also studied the benefits of its cold-pressed oil that can be taken in liquid-filled capsules. It comes at par with coconut and fish oil supplements and can be used for one or more of the following benefits.
- The oil is loaded with alpha-linolenic acid, which is one of the important omega-3 fatty acids. Human bodies cannot produce it and that is why it is important that children and the elderly take it from natural sources for better results.
- Regular used of ALAs as a flaxseed supplement boost nervous system health improves the cognitive function of the brain and also aids immunity against diseases. It can be used as a fish oil supplement for children and the elderly.
- Flaxseed oil has high-quality flavonoids that inhibit bad cholesterol in the body and promote good cholesterol. It is helpful in prolonging heart life and lowering blood pressure.
- Flavonoids are also anti-aging agents. They prevent oxidative damage of the skin and prevent wrinkles and fine lines with regular use. Flaxseed oil also moisturizes skin from within.
- As a source of dietary fiber, it promotes digestive system health. People with frequent stomach issues should definitely consume liquid-filled capsules. Fiber also lowers cholesterol.
- In traditional medicine, this oil is suggested for arthritis problems. As an anti-inflammatory agent, it soothes soreness and pain while also promoting joint function. The elderly with such issues should consume the oil supplement on a daily basis.
- Many studies have linked flaxseed oil with improvement in symptoms of Crohn’s Disease and Colitis. It can be consumed with normal medication after consultation with a doctor.
This oil is beneficial for many medical conditions and day-to-day wellbeing. Whether it is dealing with menopause symptoms or getting healthy skin, flaxseed oil can be a great choice for all adults. However, make sure that you get only the purest form of the oil supplement without any fillers or additives. Flaxseed oil is increasingly mixed with other oils and preservatives, which can dilute its efficiency and results.